** We are very pleased to announce that we plan a return to sailing on Monday 5th April, albeit only in a limited way for independent sailors in the same way as last year. We very much hope to see a return to more normal sailing from June 21st. Please see information about return to sailing**
Click here to read the report published in the Yatchts and Yachting magazine from the NFS Hansa Travellers’ Trophy on 5th May 2021.
We are locally known as New Forest Sailability (NFS) and are based at Spinnaker Sailing Club, Ringwood. Our aim is to enable people with disabilities to enjoy the exciting sport of sailing. You can learn to sail a dinghy, sit back and relax whilst someone else takes you for a trip, take part in races.
All this within the safe confines of our beautiful lake in the heart of the New Forest.
Sailing is great fun, you would be most welcome, and you will soon make new friends in our relaxed, fun environment.
Sailing With Us
When do we meet?
We meet for sailing and training from the first sailing day in April (Tuesday or Friday) to the last Friday in October.
* Tuesdays – 9:30am to 4.00pm
* Fridays – 9:30am to 3.30pm
* Last boat available half an hour before closing time
* Thursdays – Race Training & Sailing Development
* Rigging 1.00pm, Start 2.00pm
Where do we meet?
We meet at Spinnaker Lake, Ivy Lane Ringwood, BH24 3LY. See our Location Map
What shall I wear?
You don’t need to buy expensive sailing kit; we can provide you with a buoyancy aid. Just wear your normal outdoor clothes and sensible shoes or trainers. Bring a sun hat and sun screen on those hot summer days; pack a waterproof jacket and ideally waterproof trousers, for those rainy days.
How do I Join?
Contact us for a trial sail or just pop into Spinnaker when we are sailing,
or ring the Membership Secretary, Stefan Hart, on 01202 619426 or email him at email@example.com
Hot and cold drinks are always available but bring your own packed lunch.
* Ample, free, car parking
* Hot and cold drinks available for small charge
* Picnic benches and barbecue
* Panoramic view over lake towards the New Forest
* Your safety is our primary concern
* There is always a safety boat with fully qualified skipper and crew
* Our Pioneer Multi boat has a unique bow door system that enables wheelchair access
Wheelchair friendly pontoon
* Wheelchair accessible
* Safety rails
* Volunteers to help you in and out of boats
* Pontoon has 3 C-Crane Personnel Hoists
* These allow very safe, dignified and easy transfer of sailors to and from their boat
* The hoists are safety-checked annually
* You can use your own sling or we can provide one for you